Every now and then I get this question from people : “how do you enable or disable the blue characters on the HP laptop keyboard?”. Most of the times, these laptops, especially Canadian HP laptops, don’t come with the instructions specifically pertaining to the keyboard functions, ie., the Fn key.
Basically, these laptops have three different modes. Each mode is activated by:
- Press and hold CTRL key + right SHIFT key once to get first mode.
- Press and hold CTRL key + right SHIFT key twice to get second mode.
- Press and hold CTRL key + right SHIFT key thrice to get back to normal mode.
First mode include these letters: [ À à , È è , É é , Ù ù , Ç ç ]
While in second mode,
- you need to press and hold CTRL + ALT to get these these letters: [ ± © £ ¢ ¤ ¬ ¦ ² ³ ¼ ½ ¾ § ¶ « ]
- if you press SHIFT and « , you get »
- if you press CTRL + ALT and « , you get °